Friday, September 25, 2026

Tiling the Carport/Catio

Phatsamon is more and more busy with other things around and in the village with caretaking of animals so she only offers a helping hand if I ask for it. I can understand she also has had a little bit enough of construction work after over six years. 

Most work now is not to heavy. It's most all tiling and we have to deal with the rainy season. So, slow, slow, only a couple of hours a day. Working under the metal-sheet roof now but sometimes, as the picture below shows, after a next rain shower, hard to walk to the workplace to pick up some tools. 

But still, everything get's more form and view. For the outside walls of the Carport/Catio I could use 'spare' tiles we used for the main house and workplace. So all together the buildings look the same on the outside and the whole project, so far finished, 'connected'. 

The floor tiles, we used for the outdoor walls, we ordered already five years ago. Because I was not sure about possible changes or extensions of the building during the process, I ordered 25% more. Happy we could store them all at the big storage room at my mother-in law her house. 

Believe it or not. We have of both (dark- and light grey) tiles only one package of six and some individual tiles as spare left. 

We installed two Philips (BVS010) solar lights with motion sensors at the front. We wanted to install the same street lamps but they were to far under the roof so did not get enough direct sunlight. Reason we changed to these different lights that work perfect. 
















Frans & Phatsamon

No comments:

Post a Comment